Welcome to Tulane University!
Soon you will be headed to campus in New Orleans, Louisiana. Prepare for a successful start by completing your on-campus or digital learning steps below.
Our dedicated personal advisors make sure all your questions are answered and ensure you have a smooth transition to the university.
Before you start on any of the steps below, contact your local personal advisor. Simply select your region of the world below, and send your advisor an email, Skype, WhatsApp, or WeChat message. We look forward to meeting you very soon!
Russia/Central Asia/Eastern Europe
UK and Western Europe
+91 98183 96406
WhatsApp: +91 98183 96406
Ngoc Hoang (Vietnam)
+84 382 027 922
WhatsApp: +84 382 027 922
Skype: live:bichngoc.ufmEmail Ngoc Hoang
Saranya (Excluding Vietnam)
Skype: awesome.saranyaEmail Saranya (Excluding Vietnam)
- Schedule a free visa information and preparation session with your personal Enrollment Advisor.
- Check that the details on your I-20 are correct (including your date of birth) and make sure your name is the same as it appears on your passport.
- Prepare the documents you will need to take to the embassy when attending your visa interview.
After you complete the above steps, you should apply for your visa as soon as possible. It requires an interview with the US Embassy and can sometimes take several weeks to schedule.
- Complete your visa application.
- Pay your I-901 (SEVIS) fee.
- Visit usembassy.gov to learn more about scheduling your visa appointment, what to expect when you arrive, and the documentation you need to take with you.
- Notify your personal Enrollment Advisor of the date and embassy of your visa appointment.
- Watch these videos to help you apply for your visa and prepare for your interview:
How to Apply for Your F-1 Student Visa
Visa Interview Preparation for Students
For all application and payment deadlines as well as move-in and program start dates, please visit the Important Dates page.
Book your flights through StudentUniverse and benefit from exclusive discounts for students! Get the best deals when you need them and benefit from 24-hour risk-free cancellation.
StudentUniverse has exclusive deals to get you the lowest possible airfare. Use this page to search for the best deals: https://www.studentuniverse.com/travel-services/Shorelight/affiliate/flights
Book discounted flights here.
- Late payment fees may be charged.
- You may have your scholarship and/or waivers rescinded. In such cases, you will be responsible for the full cost of your program.
- You may encounter delays or other issues enrolling and registering for classes.
Students must submit official transcripts and proof of graduation in sealed envelopes prior to or upon arrival via one of the following:
- Present original on arrival
- Send prior to arrival via Electronic Transcript Service (Clearinghouse, eScrip, Parchment)
- Send prior to arrival via Mail (directly from issuing institution)
School of Architecture
Michael J. Cusanza
Tulane University School of Architecture
Architecture Dept. Pavilion NQ-1 Newcomb Quad
6823 St. Charles Ave.
New Orleans, LA 70118
School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
Office of Enrollment & Admissions Staff
Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
1440 Canal Street
New Orleans, LA 70112
School of Science and Engineering
School of Science and Engineering – Graduate Admissions
Office of the Dean
201 Lindy Boggs
New Orleans, LA 70118
Check your Tulane email address for a link and information to complete your mandatory Online International Student Orientation
There are many things to consider when preparing for university, let alone moving to a new country! To make your transition to the US easier, we’ve put together a list of everyday necessities.
We’ve partnered with campusSIMS to help connect you with mobile phone service. Get your US phone number in your home country and have service that’s ready to use as soon as you land. Click here to get your free SIM card.
campusSIMS helps international students get connected with mobile phone service in the US. Through campusSIMS’ exclusive partner Mint Mobile, students can sign up and get their US phone number while in their home country, and have mobile phone service ready to use as soon as they land.
Students can get low-cost, reliable mobile phone service starting at as low as $15 per month that includes:
- A free SIM card
- Unlimited talk and text
- High speed data
- Nationwide coverage on the fastest, most advanced network
For more information, visit campussims.com.